Mould in Your Home is More Troublesome Thank You Think

Posted on Sep 26 2016 - 6:30am by Home Gurus

Mould Problem in a Redhill HomeWhen your carpet gets wet, you have to make sure that you dry every little bit of it. Even just a little moisture can encourage the growth of moulds, which can cause more problems the longer it is left to grow. Some people play little mind to the effects of mould, but it is actually more troublesome than you would like to think.

Patting down a spill is sometimes not enough, so you may need to hire carpet cleaners, especially in areas like Redhill, that have high humidity levels. High levels of humidity are more likely to cause mould growth, which can have devastating effects on both your home and your family's health. 

Damage to Your Home

Mould is not only unsightly, but could cause widespread damage to your home. Mould eats through your carpet and can stain it forever, leaving black or grey spots all over the surface. 

Mould creeps into any porous surface and affects the integrity of your home. It can cause your home's foundations to weaken, and is especially damaging to wood surfaces. Homes with widespread mould damage will have to be renovated completely as it creates rotten floorboards and ceilings if the carpets are located on the upper levels. 

Suggested Article:  Home and Land Packages in the Most Liveable City in the World

Effects on Your Health

Mould also has negative effects on your health. Mould and mildew are a type of fungus that grows in fruiting bodies — these fruiting bodies release fine spores into the air, which will allow the mould to propagate further. People who inhale these mould spores will experience unpleasant reactions, including

  • Sneezing
  • Coughing 
  • Runny nose
  • Irritated eyes
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Lung infections

Mould exposure is incredibly unhealthy and could even irritate the nasal passages and even cause long-term damage to the lungs. It is important to avoid mould growth in your home by keeping it dry and clean. You may also need to hire a professional cleaner to make sure that all traces of it in your home disappear.